Secure Technologies Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By agreeing to use our service you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Secure Technologies Limited whose registered office is at Hangland Farm, Thorpe Road, Upper Wardington, United Kingdom, OX17 1SU. You can request the name and contact details of our current Data Protection Officer at any time by writing to email@example.com.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or via our App or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, make payments, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, and payment information (but not your card details).
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your usage of the service, including sites visited and driver services used, and phone number or email address used to contact us.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will collect information with regard to your use of driver services, including the time location and amount of electricity supplied and connections to vehicle charging facilities.
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and manage your account.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We use information held about you in the following ways: • Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
• To provide you with information about your use of our service and your account;
• To notify you about changes to our service;
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• To perform our service obligations to you, in particular, our obligations to pay suppliers and account for the driver services you use;
• To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our web site or App about services that may interest you or them, for example, the availability of charging locations.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• We will supply information to site operators for the purposes of paying and accounting for driver services you they have provided to you;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Secure Technologies Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Secure Technologies Limited, our customers, staff, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• We may disclose personal information in an anonymised form to third parties including research institutions, government agencies, and other companies for the Purposes of researching, planning, designing or managing electricity supply and distribution services and services for electric vehicle users.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process some or all of your personal data.
You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we are not able to perform our obligations to you without processing your personal data, if you withdraw your consent, then we may end the contract.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ico.org.uk).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.